This USB-C™ to serial adapter lets you connect your USB-C devices to your legacy serial equipment. It converts a USB-C port on your laptop or computer into an RS232 DB9 serial port with COM port retention. This gives you a cost-saving and convenient way to connect to serial devices such as point-of-sale terminals, serial modems, industrial equipment, and a wide variety of other RS232 peripherals.
Connect with ease
The RS232 adapter cable is compatible with Windows®, macOS and Linux® operating systems, which makes it easy to integrate into mixed environments.
A time-saving and convenient USB/serial solution, the adapter retains assigned serial COM port values in nonvolatile memory, allowing the same values to automatically be re-assigned to the adapter serial port if disconnected and reconnected, or disconnected from one USB port and installed in another.
The USB-C serial cable also supports advanced features like remote wake-up and power management control.
The ICUSB232PROC is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- USB-C TO SERIAL ADAPTER CABLE: Interface with Serial RS-232 (DB9) equipment using this USB Type-C Serial adapter converter cable w/ COM port retention; Male DB9 connector features screw-lock nuts; Cable length of 16" [40 cm]
- TECH SPECS: 921.6 Kbps baud
- 512 byte FIFO
- Data bits of 5/6/7/8 and stop bits 1/1.5/2
- Parity Modes of None, Xon/Xoff, RTS/CTS, DTR/DSR
- Flow control options Odd/Even/Mark/Space/None
- COM PORT CONFIGURATION RETENTION: Using built in, non-volatile memory, this adapter is able to save assigned serial COM port values and automatically re-assign them, even when reconnected to a different port
- APPLICATIONS: Using your laptop's USB-C port, control serial RS232 equipment such as PLCs, scanners, sensors, oscilloscopes, medical equipment, scales or receipt printers; Use in scientific/laboratory, & manufacturing/automation applications
- HOST COMPATIBILITY: Driverless setup for easy install; Tested on major operating systems, including Windows 7 and up, macOS 10.11 and up, Linux 2.6 and up; USB bus powered; Backed for 2-years
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.